Monday, June 10, 2013

Glossybox- May 2013



This month's GlossyMag was surprisingly better
than it has been in previous months. I think they took out a lot of the "fat" and have more product suggestions and information as well as great beauty and editor picks that were great.












Included this month was a coupon for a Sebastian product with purchase of Sebastian product. It is always nice when there are easy to use coupons included in the box and for items that are not $150 or more!











Amorepacific Color Control Cushion Compact- I thought this was going to be a powder, but when I applied it I found out it is a liquid and leaves your skin feeling a bit dewy....and then a bit sticky (I did layer it over the primer that was included this month). It does not have much in the way of coverage, so it reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. The color I got was a little light for me so I am going to mix it with some darker tinted moisturizer and try it again. First impression was not that fantastic just because of the sticky finish.






European Wax Center The Exfoliate- I have not tried this product yet but I will update when I do!








My Prime Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer- As soon as I applied this to my face it felt like rubber! It turned white as I rubbed it in and then felt like my face was coated in rubber. Yuck! I am going to give this another try, but I was not impressed with the first go-around.










Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray Volume Building Spray Gel- This did make my hair very fluffy, but it felt kind of stiff and dry. Also, the minute any humidity hit my hair, I got instant curls. It is not a great product for curly haired people who straighten their hair but it is great for curly haired people who wear their hair curly.









Nicka K New York Absolute! Perfume stick in Lux 369- This very potent solid perfume is smooth going on and doesn't leave a greasy streak. This particular scent is very vibrant and floral and kind of sultry. These go for about $15 on their website. I found a shimmer mist on there that I want to try too!






Etre Belle Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask- This fold out mask feels gooey and much like aloe vera when you take it out of the envelope. When I put it on it was nice and cool and felt very hydrating and fresh. I left it on forever because I loved how nice it felt!












I am looking forward to next month's box!! I am also considering investing in some of these masks they have been including. My skin just feels so fantastic after I use them!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment