Wednesday, October 10, 2012

2 Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipes

Yep! More pumpkin recipes!  I was at Target and saw a bag of Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice cookie mix right on the shelf below the cans of pumpkin and a light bulb went off.
Normally for this kind of thing I would just add some pumpkin, like 2-3 tablespoons and do the rest by the directions, but I am still trying to cut the calories and pumpkin is really good for you.

I mixed the entire bag with the entire 15 oz can of pumpkin until it was not lumpy. I dropped little heaps of dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet, baked them at 350 for about 10 minutes. I would keep an eye on them and keep checking them until they are the density that you want. Mine were a little doughy.


This made 15 really huge cookies and they were about 129 calories a piece. With both the pumpkin flavoring as well as actual pumpkin, they were a huge hit in my house.

UPDATE: So I wanted to try ANOTHER healthier cookie recipe. Again, I used a bag of Betty Crocker Spiced Pumpkin Cookie mix, but instead of the stick of butter they required I used 1/4 cup of Motts applesauce. Holy cow! They were amazingly light and fluffy and delicious. I did not miss the stick of butter or the calories. I would grab 2 bags of cookie mix and try both versions to see which one you like more!

I hope you enjoy!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment