Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Glossybox Product Review


Yet again Glossybox hits the nail on the head with the October Spa Luxe box. The products this month just oozed luxury to me and made me think of wearing my hair up, minimal make up, and over sized shirts and sweatshirts.

I always love seeing how neatly this box is packed. I need to find a use for all the ribbons though...













This month there were 5 products and a coupon. The loofa and the lip duo were both full sized which was nice.







This is the first product in the box that I tried. This Shea Souffle by Carol's Daughter smells wonderful! It is sweet and a bit floral and gave me goosebumps when I smelled it. I smothered my hands with this and put them in some cotton gloves to keep in the moisture. This stuff is thick and creamy and has a very smooth texture to it. It rubs in nicely and doesn't leave a greasy film on your skin. If 8 oz goes for $20, then this 4 oz tub goes for $10 on their website (and the link takes you right to the page on their website for this product). This makes me want to try more products from Carol's Daughter!




This full sized Peppermint Exfoliating Loofa Soap from Heartland Fragrance Co. is perfect for the Fall/Winter. The smell is not too strong, the texture and lather of the soap is nice and thick, the loofa is rough enough to exfoliate with out being painful and it left me feeling fresh and tingly and not dry. At $8 for this soap, these will be wonderful stocking stuffers this Christmas! Their website also has flavors like Blood Orange, Sweet Lavender, and Vanilla....yum!
I love hair products. They are so addicting! I was intrigued by this Luminous Shine Mist from Alterna Bamboo because it says it has organic bamboo and Indian gooseberry in it. It is supposed to control frizz and fly aways. I spritzed this over my hair after quickly blow drying it and running out the door. It smells very good, like a clean, organic fragrance. I really did not get to look at my hair until I got back home and it looked so glossy and smooth that it surprised me. I ran the flat iron through my hair and it felt so soft and healthy. Only a few squirts lasted until I washed my hair 2 days later ( I can't wash it every day because it is curly and fragile). This made my hair look healthy and shiny and feel great. After reviewing the website, I learned that it also has Color Hold Technology which is an added bonus.


 

Natassja Skin Enzyme Facial Peel was an exciting product to try. I have never done an at home peel so this was a first. The peel uses an enzyme that is naturally occurring in papaya and has Omega-3s as well as vitamins A,C, and E to revive the skin's appearance. I followed the instructions on the tub and applied to my face and waited 3 minutes. It said when it starts to liquefy its ready and that when you rub it off you may have clumps of dead skin. I did not experience the liquefying or the clumps, but my face did feel amazingly soft and supple as well as hydrated afterwards. The tub says you can do the peel either daily or every other day.I plan to use it every other day until the tub is gone and since you do not need a lot that will be about 2 weeks. At $40 for 2 oz on their website its not a bad price.
I have never heard of Model Cosmetics before and this lip duo.  The lip stick is "dusk" and the gloss is "striptease". I really liked the texture of both the lipstick and the lip gloss. They were both creamy and they smelled and tasted a bit like vanilla. The info card says this product is $39, however I looked it up online and found something similar for about $20.

Here is a photo with my normal make up on with both the lipstick and the lip gloss on. It is a great neutral color and I think it will look really good to vamp up my day time make up. I am very pleased with this lip duo and I think I will be considering this brand in the future.
 
There was this little card in the box as well for Physique 57 which I looked up and read that it is "an innovative workout program that combines isometric exercises and orthopedic stretches to systematically lengthen and sculpt your muscles and create a beautiful, lean body". Now, I am so short there is nothing that could make me "long" but damn don't I wish I was lean! On the back of this card there is a code for a 20% discount on the work out DVDs. I looked at the Express 30 Minute Full Body Workout DVD  and the cost for the DVD is $24.95 which I found reasonable. However with only a 20% the discount it is not motivation enough for me to purchase this with out trying it first. Thanks for the little extra thought though Glossybox!
Well that is everything in the October Glossybox and I am still really enjoying all the products. As always, I can't wait until the next month's box :)
 
Jenn
 


2 comments:

  1. New follower :)

    I got the same peppermint soap (looove the way it smells) and peel, but instead of the Carol's Daughter, I was supposed to get a Kryolan blush! Unfortunately taht was missing from my box, but hopefully customer service will fix that for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! Let me know how customer service is with your missing product. I have not yet had a chance to interact with the customer service. I saw that Macy's has Carol's Daughter and if you are ever near one see if they have some samples! That is quickly becoming one of my favored brands :)

      Delete