Friday, October 26, 2012

POPSUGAR Must Have Box- October

In the hustle and bustle that has been my life the last 2 weeks, I actually forgot my PopSugar box was on its way! And it was a few days early this month which put it at the perfect time :)
And here we go:
We will start with Pirate's Booty Aged White Cheddar Puffs. I have had these MANY time and they are delicious! They are like puffed cheetos except these are bakes, all natural and gluten and trans fat free. Yum. They also don't turn your fingers orange ;) You can get 24 of these 1 oz bags on their website for $23. So this bag is worth about a buck...but what a delicious buck! You can find these in the grocery store in the organic section. I looked up the website and I think I am going to try the Smart Puffs as well.
Gummy Bears from Dylan's Candy Bar. So who knew Ralph Lauren's little girl had a candy shop?? Not me. I looked at the website and I have to admit it is pretty cute! And there isn't just cute candy. There are gifts, apparel and other cute little knick knacks. Now the website is charging $15 for mini- bins of these gummy bears, but they taste like regular gummies to me. I am no gummy connoisseur, I really don't even like the things, but I definitely can't see paying that much for any candy. There was a bacon-flavored chocolate bar that I was pretty interested in trying though, but it's almost $3 per bar. Yikes! No scary movies needed, these prices scared me enough for Halloween.
Red Flower Spanish Gardenia Candle. I thought initially this candle had paper on the top, but then I read that it has gardenia petals on the top! That's kind of a cute concept. It suggests in the info from PopSugar that you use the petals to decorate, throw them in a bath for an aromatic soak or keep them in a satchel as a freshener for other areas. I saw that its $38 for this little candle....holy flower petals! I love the idea of the flower petals, but not even Yankee Candles or Diamond Candles cost that much for a candle several times the size of this one.  
I love books :) KEEP THE BOOKS COMING POPSUGAR! Reading is good for the mind and the soul and I love that they included a book last month and again this month. This one, The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling is the first adult book that she has written. I have seen it around and I never read the Harry Potter Series ( I know, don't kill me) but this on looked interesting.  I found this review on GoodReads.com and it did not rate very high. However, in the information on the book the story line seems pretty good. A town left with an open position on the parish council and the entire town is at war with each other....yeah, I can get into that. This hard back goes for about $21 on Amazon.com.
A few days before my box came, my mom was checking these out at Target. She said she saw the commercial for Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner and was interested in the ones with the oils in them. She did not get them, but I am happy to be able to share these travel sized bottles with her! I love how the focus is on the scalp to grow healthier and stronger hair. Here's to hoping these help grow my hair longer and stronger, cheers!
Socks? Socks in a box you say? Yep :)  Admittedly I am not a fan of grey, but I am a fan of socks! No idea what ExerSocks by Crecent Moon are, but after reviewing them I found they are "anti-bacterial protection socks with the non-slip protection of a sneaker". They also have a cushioned reinforced sole that are great for Barre Workouts, Yoga Practice and Mat Pilates and lounging around the house. I was wondering when I would start seeing something like this around. I think these are great especially if you like to walk around barefoot, especially at the gym.
 

And last up are the OPI Pink of Hearts 2012 Collection. I had planned on buying these for myself anyway so you could imagine my joy in finding them in my box and not having to actually go to the store to get them! At about $12 for this set on Amazon, I think its a great deal. I mean, OPI polishes go for about $8 each so this isn't bad at all.
 
I wanted to do black for Halloween but I couldn't resist doing one nail with the "You Glitter Be Good To Me". I wish I had done all the nails in the pink! If you want to see swatches of both color and more information, check out this info from The PolishAholic. This is one of my favorite nail polish blogs and she does great paint jobs as well as photos.
Ta-da! In my opinion, it was another great box from PopSugar! The only complaint I have right now is that the website is not working and just keeps flashing when you visit it.....weird. I hope they keep the wonderful boxes coming!
 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment