Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sample Society Box- September

Yes, I subscribed to another box. Should that really surprise you? :) This box is kind of confusing because its called the Sample Society box, the website is BeautyBar.com/SampleSociety and then on the box and the cards it says "with Allure". When you visit the site, it has this weird pop-up thing at the bottom that you have to minimize, and it advertises that you can shop several sites under one "roof" (those other sites being diapers.com, soap.com, wag.com, yoyo.com and casa.com). You can review the products you get, but it does not earn you bonus points like with Birchbox or Glossybox.

 



(Blogger is, yet again, turning my photos. Sorry guys!)
















With your box, you get a code for $15 off your order, which is awesome. The box is $15 a month, so if you find something you want to buy, it pays for itself!

So this month I got 5 products to try. A facial cleanser, mud mask, perfume, eye liner, and lip gloss. Here are the reviews on the products:

  • Cellceuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser- I received a 2 oz. sample of this skin cleanser and full size is 6.7 oz. No idea what this tube is worth. The information on this cleanser is that it takes of facial and eye make up, leaves skin feeling supple, and irritant tested. After trying it,  I really liked this cleanser! It took most of my tinted moisturizer off my face, it foams up a little bit and my skin was soft and not dried out. Product did just what the company claimed it would. It does not have a fragrance and it is a clear gel. This would be an awesome cleanser for sensitive skin.

  • AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask- The tube I got  is 0.9 oz and after some research I found that this is the travel size and it goes for 7-8$. AHAVA says to use this to brighten and even your skin tone, root out grime and blackheads and prevent blemishes. I tried this right after the Cellceutical cleanser. The mud is a fine grit, which is a really nice texture. It is grey and does not really have a scent. After covering my face, I waited for 2 minutes. While waiting my skin felt tight and dry but when it was time to rinse my skin felt wonderful and had a nice pink glow. I have not used a mask like this before, but for only $27 for the full sized and having my $15 off....I might have to get this one!

  • Diptyque Eau de Toilette- This is just a little sample of perfume that came in a rather large box. I got the Do Son scent, and on the website the scent is described as "Tuberose asserts itself, expressing all its sunny, hazy, creamy, indolent seductiveness. Anyone with blood in their veins will succumb to the irresistible temptation of this insolently seductive white flower." In my world, this was a very strong, rose scent, that gave me a headache behind my left eye...I kid you not. I tried it again the next day and guess what, another headache :(



  • Borghese B Gloss in Fiore- I do believe this is a sample gloss as well but I can't find the size on the container. The color is a shimmery dusty rose which I really like. The consistency of this gloss is really sticky though. It is very thick and applies well, but when I put my lips together they stuck that way and it was a bit disappointing. I may have to top this gloss with a clear one to make it more slick.

  • Stila Smudge Stick in Black- I love Stila products so is it weird that this being the smallest sample in the box was the one I was most excited about? I did my research and the Smudge Stick is a waterproof, highly pigmented eyeliner. I tried this on just the outer edge of my eye and it is seriously dark! I will need to play with it more to learn how to get a nice line (as the stick itself is pretty thick) but this eyeliner stays in place once you put it on. I couldn't smudge it once it set which was neat. I did find this YouTube video where this adorable girl does a review on this eyeliner and I am glad I watched it. She said that you can smudge the liner right after you apply it (which is helpful for me) but after you let it set she showed how it does not budge. This may be a purchase for me as well especially since they have it in 8 different colors at Sephora.



 




Here is a close up of my eye after I used the Stila Smudge Stick. It is super black! I wish I could get a better picture. I played around with it and right after I apply it I run an eyeliner brush over it to smooth out the line and make it more uniform.


Here is a picture of me with the lipgloss. I am not really this pale, I promise, but I needed the flash for the lip color to show up. As you can see its a dusty rose color with shimmer. I tried to take a picture of just my  mouth, but do you know how creepy that looks?
 
 
So that's it! All 5 products used. While this is my first box and it did not blow me out of the water, it did introduce me to 2 awesome products :)

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment