Monday, September 10, 2012

Some Interesting Biology Information

So I volunteer at the hospital in the imaging department and one night the techs I am friends with were talking about Throckmorton sign. Having no idea what this was, and clearly not getting the joke, I asked them to explain it to me. I was told its an occurrence in men when their penis is  pointing to the side of the body that is injured. You can see it in an x-ray, which is why we were talking about it.
Clearly the penis is pointing to the leg that was stabbed....cool right? A site where a nurse talked about this, joked about this giving a new meaning to "dick driven" and I had a good laugh. I'll take it to the next level and say: women if your man's penis leans to one side, that might be the side that he has brain damage  :)
 
 
Now that I gave you your new medical term for the week and a new reason to look at a penis, let me share with you something I discovered today that is applicable to women.
 
Birchbox had this article on their facebook feed today and it was about face mapping and where you are breaking out.

 
Currently I have a nasty break out in area 11, so I looked it up and it said this :"Zone 11 & 13: Hormones — Stress and hormonal changes can sometimes be alleviated with more water and a few extra servings of dark, leafy greens but if breakouts in this area persistent, make an appointment with your doctor to look into a possible hormonal imbalance. Additionally, breakouts in this area also indicate when you are ovulating (and which side).
Um...cool! Nice to know that my break outs actually tell me things about my body and since it is "that time of the month" its kind of neat to know that is the side that is causing me all these miserable cramps! If you read the article, it tells you that a break out in area 12 means you need to add more fiber into your diet and if you break out in 1&3 you need more water.
 
There you go!
 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment