Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag- June 2013

June's Ipsy Glam Bag is here and I couldn't wait to see what they included for their "On The Wild Side" theme.





I love the cosmetic bag for this month! It is one of my top favorites to date :)




Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo- I love a good dry shampoo and have been using the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak which I really like (because it works and its affordable). This claims to be the original so I was very excited to try it!
Post-Trial: I spritzed this stuff in my hair when I was rushing to get ready to go to a Drag Show (it was awesome by the way!) and I was pleased that it did not have a white-powdery finish to it that I had to make sure I massaged out, but it still left my just as oily which was disappointing.  I won't count it out yet and I will give it another try to see if it was just because it was the first use of the can....we shall see.





NYX Cream Blush in "Orange"- I was a bit afraid of this color when I first looked at it, but after applying it very sparingly to the apples of my cheeks I fell in love with it! It is straight-up orange in color, it is very creamy and blends nicely, it does not leave a sticky finish, and it stays all day! I am thinking about trying this in other colors because it goes on so nicely.





StarLooks Lip Pencil in "Tipsy"- This ended up being brighter than I thought it would be. It went on really smooth with no feathering though! I ended up pairing it with the lipstick that was in this month's Glossybox and it looked fantastic! I am not much of a lipstick person, but under the lipstick this looked more natural.






J. Cats Sparkling Cream Palette- I was so excited when I first saw this! Allllll the gllllllitttttttterrrrrr!  However, when I tried to apply it, it ended up having the consistency of cheap children's make up .....and it looked like it too. The glitter is not concentrated enough so it ends up clumping and looking like bad Halloween make up. I was so disappointed. I am going to continue playing with it to see if I can get it to work better with different applicators or if I need to apply it in layers or something....wish me luck!




Cailyn Liquid Eyeliner Set in Purple- Can I just say how I love having the pot and the brush for my eyeliner all together??? It's awesome! The cream liner is a flattering dark purple and it goes on very smooth with no clumping or catching. The brush is soft and makes applying this liner really simple. I am sold on this little gem and will be looking for it in other colors!








And there is June's Ipsy Glam Bag! I still maintain that for $10 a month this subscription rocks! And is totally worth it :)

Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment