Thursday, July 4, 2013

Costal.com Free Glasses Review

So, you might have seen advertisements on facebook for Coastal.com and the "firstpairfree" offer.......well I gave it a try because I needed a new Rx for my glasses and I did not want to shell out an arm and a leg for glasses.

Now, I worked for Lenscrafters for 4 years as an apprentice optician, so I am a bit of a glasses snob and I really did not expect much from this free pair.
The frames that are available for free are not name brand, but they are actually very trendy and cute. After browsing the site for over 30 minutes, I finally decided on the Derek Cardigan 7008 Fog glasses. They are plastic frames with spring hinges and all the information on the frames was clearly laid out in the product info. They give you the option to see the frames on a bunch of different face shapes which was very helpful.
I have to say I was a little worried about them fitting over my big ol' head, but they do allow you to return your order even if they were a free pair.

After using the "firstpairfree" discount code, all I had to do was pay for shipping which came to $9.95. I believe it took about a week and a half to receive my order and I was really excited to see how nicely everything was packed!
They even included a nice hard case and a little kit which included cleaning solution, a microfiber cloth and a key chain with screwdriver.

Admittedly they are not the highest quality of frames, but they do the job of holding the lenses! And they really look adorable. I was shocked that they fit as well as they did and just needed minor adjusting on the temples to get them to fit like a glove. The lenses have anti-reflective coating on both the front and the back, which was a huge shocker since I thought there would be none since they are free plastic lenses. After wearing them for about a week I have no complaints. The Rx is working great and I am getting fewer headaches so I am guessing they got it right :P



Ignore my expression in this picture (it has been really rough at work) but do not ignore how well the glasses fit! I get tons of compliments on them and they are so different from what everyone is wearing that I love wearing them as an accessory.

These were definitely worth the cost of shipping and even though I did end up getting a pair of Michael Kors frames (which I love as well) these are an awesome back up pair if nothing else!

I have already referred several friends to Coastal.com to get a pair of glasses. I am excited to see what they think :)

Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment