Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 2013 Glossybox

Yeeeeeeey! February's Glossybox is here and I could not wait to get it open and see what was inside.

This month's Glossy Mag had a fun cover and the theme was International Style Icons. All the products were from around different parts of the world.

International style :) So what kinds of products have they found for us to explore....

Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renewal Snail Hydro Gel Mask.....wait....snail??? Yeah, this mask is made with snail slime and is an Asian beauty secret. It is supposed to moisturize, sooth, regenerate your skin and reverse skin damage. It grossed out people at work when I was talking about it, but honestly I am really excited to try it!






A worldwide trend are nail wraps and these Leopard Print Nail Wraps from Nail Rock are super fierce! I have been trying different brands and types of these lately and I can not wait for my nails to get a little longer so that I put these on and have my silent rebel yell at work :)



This Lisi Sheer Sparkle Lip Gloss is exclusively available at a NY beauty boutique. I LOVE the color of this gloss! It is just pink enough, just sparkly enough, just glossy enough, and has a very pleasant scent/taste. The only draw back is that it is super thick and a bit tacky, but the good thing about it being thick is that it stays on for hours! This was a quick favorite and I have been leaving it in my scrub top during work for quick reapplications.







This versatile Shimmer Powder from Da Vinci Cosmetics is a gorgeous dusty rose color....but the color name is "Wild Lilac". The info on the product says you can use it with eyeshadow, under your eyebrow, or as a cheek highlighter.  This stuff is SUPER shimmery and I can see myself packing this on to my eyelid up in to the crease on top of a nude base and doing a bold, winged eyeliner in black to set it off. I wonder if that would be work appropriate.....



Last up is this Bvlgari Soap that honestly looks like something you would find in a hotel bathroom, but smells great! The scent is very chic and the soap has a fantastic lather and did not dry out my skin. This product hails from Italy and the info says that the fragrance is Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc (so "water perfume of the white"?? How is my French translation? LOL)








This was a pretty decent box from Glossybox, but with an international theme I really would have loved more products that were not available or more obscure in the US. I can not wait to use the snail mask and the nail wraps, but since they are a one shot deal I really want to wait until I have a day off to enjoy the mask and longer nails to really show off the wraps. Can't wait to see what March's theme is!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment