Monday, October 29, 2012

Ipsy Glam Bag- Just Subscribed!

Well, the Sample Society box just wasn't doing it for me any more so I decided to replace that $15 box with this $10 from Ipsy.com. I have heard both good and bad things about this sub service, so I decided just to try it for myself.

The website says that every month you will get 4-5 products as well as a cute make up bag. I have looked at the past bags from Dec 2011 until now (this info available on their website) and almost every month they feature some awesome stuff. From reviews I have looked at by other bloggers, almost everything is full sized! I really hope that this proves to be true.

When joining it asks a few questions.
  • First it asks about your personal style (classic, natural, bridal, club go-er, professional, formal, hip/edgy, vintage/retro, sporty, sultry, worldly, simple). 
  • Then it asks which Ipsy Stylists you relate most to.....huh? There is a list of 5 women that I have never heard of LOL. If you are new to Ipsy like I am, these names mean nothing to you. I chose all 5 of them, can't go wrong with that right?
  • Next it asks how comfortable you are with make up: "not very", "somewhat", and "very". I chose "very".
  • It then gives a 2 page list of beauty product brands that you are either currently using or would like to try.
  • Following that, it asks what type of make up products you like the most and gives you about 12 options to choose from. 
  • Next up they ask what kind of skin care, nail care and hair care that you like the most and give you another 12 options to choose from.
  • Following that it asks where you buy most of your beauty products from.
  • Then asks for your skin color, skin concerns, eye color, hair color and hair type.
After completing this short quiz it asks you for your personal information and creates an account for you. You have the option of paying monthly and you can cancel any time or yearly and you are stuck for the year.

Once you have an account, you can create "looks" and upload videos. I am playing around with these features now, but I am not sure what doing these things will do for you as a member.

I will post when my first bag gets here! It will be the November bag. So disappointed I didn't know about this for October because I love the chevron make up bag they had for this month.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment