Tuesday, October 30, 2012

VoxBox 2012

Wahoo! I was so happy to hear that I was chosen for one of the VoxBoxes from Influester.com and when it finally came in the mail I couldn't wait to get it open and see what I got.
I received 7 items in this box and they were all amazing! I had a hard time deciding which product to open and test first :)
 
I decided to start with these Spin Pins by Goody since I already own them and use them all the time. These little helpers are about $6 at Target for the set and come in light and dark. I purchase the dark for my hair, but I won't mind using the light ones since your hair covers them almost completely. These are extremely easy to use and will keep your hair in place. I like to make a bun on top of my head and spin these little guys in when I go to sleep. It keeps my hair out of my face but also when I take my hair down in the morning they do not have any weird creases and it is nice and wavy. Make sure you do not twist these little guys into each other because they can become a real pain to get apart.
 
The next thing I tested was this Fragrance Mist from Vitabath in Pomegranate & Blood Orange. Delicious! This mist smells juicy and fresh. I couldn't stop misting it all over me and my bed LOL. The scent lingers for quite awhile and At $10 for this 16 oz bottle, I think this is a pretty great deal. After looking at their website I found they have Grapefruit Vanilla as well as Dreamy Pink Frosting fragrances....yum!
There was a Mini Candle in Pumpkin Cupcake from Bath & Body Works. I had to put my nose right up to the candle to smell it. It was delectably sweet but not strong enough. I lit it and sat about 3 feet away and I could not smell the candle. I walked over to it and when I was right on top of the candle I could smell it. I was so disappointed because I really wanted to like this but nothing really compares to Yankee Candles and Diamond Candles. This mini candle is priced at $3.50
I love Not Your Mother's Products and I was planning on buying this Kinky Moves Curl Defining Cream so I was very excited to get this little travel sized tube in my box. The travel sizes are about $3. I really wanted to love this on the first use, but it fell short. The scent is nice, fresh, clean and subtle, my hair started curling with in the first few minutes of blow drying, but they just didn't get the bounce that I was looking for.
 In this picture you can see that the hair did get some curl. It was soft but the curls really weren't defined. They were kind of a frizzy mess. The more it dried, the more it looked like a mess. The ends did not curl at all. They stayed straight and were a bit stringy.  I tried this again the next day and used twice as much product. The ends curled a little more on the second time, but I still did not get the curl definition that I was looking for and I still have the frizz problems. Still love the brand though and I love the Clean Freak dry shampoo and Beach Babe sea salt spray!
I have not used any products from NYC New York Colors since I was a kid. I am not a huge fan of drugstore make up, but I signed up for this VoxBox and I will try it all! This compact is priced around $5 has a primer, illuminator, and eye shadows. The color collection is called "Dark Shadows". I had to laugh because it made me think of the movie Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp that just came out and the make up they did around his eyes. This is not a color collection I would choose for myself as I do not prefer silver or grey shadows.
Here is a picture of the back of the compact. They have a suggestion on how to apply the shadows and I will follow their diagram. I will not be using the little applicators included though. I am an avid make up brush user. After using this, it reminds me why I shell out money on MAC and Urban Decay shadows. The primer was way too light of a color and was really thick and didn't "set". Then when applying the shadows, I had to use way more product than I am used to just to get the color to show up. The only one I didn't need a lot of was the black. I left this on while I played with the eye lashes in this box, and by the time I was done the majority of the shadow was gone. With a primer, that does not happen with more expensive brands. I can not say I am disappointed in this because I did not expect much.
Falsies! I have not worn these in years and I was so happy to see these Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit from KISS in my box. These are a new brand for me but they include these little pink applicator tweezer things. The information on them says the latex-free glue will hold them on for 24-hours. They are priced around $6. I really wanted to like these, but when I started playing with them I realized the lash line is way too thick. I would hold the lashes down and wait for them to dry, but because they are so thick they would just pop right back off. I cut several small pieces off and glued just those on the outer most side of my lashes and it worked much better, but then the glue would not hold the pieces on. I had them on for about 15 minutes and my eyes turned red and started to burn. I don't know if it was from the eyeshadow compact or the lashes, but I took everything off. This has not happened before when I have used Sugar brand lashes.
 
Last up is this packet of EBoost Daily Health Booster. This reminded me of the Emergen-C packets I have here at the house. It fizzes, tastes like fake orange and kind of powdery. I can not say that I would want to drink this everyday. I would prefer a capsule or something flavorless that I could add to a drink.
That is everything from my 2012 VoxBox! I am really hoping I get another one to test soon. I would love for you to follow my reviews and other posts. Please subscribe by entering your email in the box at the top left and you will get email notifications of new posts :)
 
Thanks for reading,
Jenn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment