Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December's Goodies Box

The weather outside is becoming frightful, but the mail is still running and bringing sub boxes! I got the December's Goodies box in and loved that the box had a "Winter Wonderland" theme. They suggested reusing the box to give a gift in, but I think it will be great to collect my Christmas presents in :)

The theme this month is "Naughty or Nice" and the items chosen  were both healthy and non-healthy foods. I think the theme is fantastic and I love the card they included.

I dove right into these Snyder's Naturals Garden Veggie Crisps since I have enjoyed them before. Honestly I think these are better than regular potato chips! They are not greasy, they have that great crunch of a crisp, they are lightly salted and have 40% less sodium than regular chips.  I highly recommend giving these a try in lieu of your regular Lay's potato chips! This large 1.25 oz bag is considered 1 serving and comes in at 160 calories.

This sleeve of Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company Cinnamon Sugar was just "okay" for me. It was covered in granulated sugar and cinnamon which made it nice and messy (now I get why they say 'grip 'n pour' on the lower right side of the bag) but I felt that the popcorn was stale. It was kind of chewy and not crispy and crunchy like I prefer.


Barefruit Apple Chips sounded like glass chips rolling around in this bag, but when I tasted them it was just like dried apple with a dash of cinnamon. Personally, I am not fond of any dried fruits, but these were not bad and had a nice crunch. Each bag contains one apple and the only ingredients listed were apple and cinnamon. Can't beat that! If I see these around in other flavors, I may give them a try to see if I like them. These would be great to throw in a lunch bag or take on a car trip.






This box of World Table Chocolate Caramel Cookie Thins was a hit in my house. The cookie thins are a bit salty so with the chocolate it is a nice sweet-salty indulgence and the texture is great. It is like it falls apart and melts in your mouth all at once. This box goes for about $5.







OMG you have to get your hands on Effie's Homemade Oatcakes! These were rich, buttery, flaky and absolutely delicious! I was shocked when I reviewed the ingredients and found that every one of them was a real ingredient and not a chemical! I ate these for breakfast with my coffee and it perfect. If I see these around I will definitely be picking them up.







Sun Cups Sunflower Butter Milk Chocolate and Mint Cup- I tried the sunflower butter and milk chocolate cup first and it was AMAZING! It was smooth, creamy, not too sweet, and melted in my mouth. The mint cup had a gooey, minty center  and was fabulous. I can not pick which one was better! The packaging is compostable and most of the ingredients listed were organic. One pack with 2 cups goes for a whopping $3.50.







Goodies had a fantastic box to wind up 2012. If you have not joined yet, please do as boxes are still only $7 a month!  I have a feeling 2013 will be bringing more great products!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment