Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The World Didn't End!...Festivities Continue

Oops! The world didn't end Mayans :) I mean, did anyone really think it would? I know here in my area people were still going to work, buying Christmas presents, and preparing for the New Year. I can only assume if any one seriously believed it was ending they would have quit their job at least a month ago and demanded to spend the last month of their lives with their families and preparing their souls.....well, thats what I did anyway (LOL).








My family celebrated my dad's birthday, which was a lovely dinner out. It was nice to have my brother back home from school so I could joke around with him. He made these beautiful danishes from a recipe on his culinary school's website and they were delicious! He halved the recipe and we have still been eating danish for breakfast for about 4 days.



In anticipation for Christmas, I tried to get a good picture of all 4 of the dogs with the antlers, but was only successful with the boys. Tucker, as you can see, was non-plussed by the whole ordeal.
Bentley could not even be bothered to stop chewing on his elk antler so that I could get a picture of him...
...until he heard some one in the kitchen. Then he decided he must go investigate.
My mom found the best Christmas ornaments this year! These were just a few of the selection that she ordered. They all open up so you can put goodies inside of them.
The halls got decked, the tree was trimmed, and mom and I had a good laugh doing it. I think we almost knocked the tree down twice and mom got bored at one point and just started throwing bows and mistletoe into the tree like she was a street artist.
Bentley was following us in circles around the tree the entire time. At least this year he did not walk around smacking ornaments off the tree with his tail... he reserved that behavior for when we lived in the apartment I guess.
As presents began to apprear under the tree, Tucker had an identity-crisis and thought he was a present. We found him like this a few times, just waiting for us to open him I guess. Even when we bent down and snuggled him on the floor, he refused to get up....It could have been he was not feeling well because he snuck onto the counter and ate the majority of the mint chocolate cookies that mom made.
Christmas day came and everyone got things they wanted....and things they did not expect. I got a set of Bose headphones that I picked out with mom and expected, however I was not expecting this Official Guide to Dysfunctional Parenting. As I was reading this, I wanted to laugh, and cry, because it basically epitomizes my childhood. Some people may take this as a sign that my "parents are trying to tell me something"...they sure are! You may think that they want grand kids, but I brought them home a grand-dog when I moved home and they seemed none to happy. I am feeling a sense of relief that I will be reaching 28 in less than a week and still have no kids.....and no boyfriend. Well, I will be beginning 2013 with an uncomplicated personal and professional life! Here is to doing it right this year :)

I bought the family the game Cards Against Humanity and we had a blast drinking apple pie moonshine and cracking up at the responses to the game. All the other dogs settled into a comfortable spot, got a bone, and had some alone time....not my dog. As we are playing, he paced around the table and drooled on everything. I think next time we play he is going to be the "Rando Cardrissian" the instructions call for. After 2 games and too many laughs to count, we settled into the couches to watch The Departed.
Bentley and I tucked ourselves into bed a little later. It was a lovely Christmas. Family only, no intruders. The dogs got along for most of the day and I even caught Bentley and his arch-nemisis, Taylor, snuggling on the couch for a little bit.
For Christmas this year, I gave myself my degree. I finished up everything on December 14th and I am just waiting for the paper to come in the mail. For my birthday present, I am going to finish up my application and pay the fees for radiologic technology school. I am hoping that when people return to work, some one who comes across my resume at one of the many places I have applied takes pity on me and gives me a job. That would be a great birthday present (especially because I am tired of hearing I am over qualified or I have no medical experience). My birthday is in 5 days and I will be 28... ugh. So close to 30.
 
 
Happy holidays everyone!
Jenn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment