Monday, August 20, 2012

GNC Hair, Skin & Nails- 30 Day Trial

My mother, bless her heart, loves to shop at GNC. She purchased the Hair, Skin, & Nails Program for me in early 2012, and I had put off using it for several reasons until I realized that it expires at the end of the year.

GNC has since repackaged this product but here is the link to the product on their website. And here is a picture of the bottles I have:
There is a 30 day supply of each: Evening Primrose Oil 500, Hair, Skin & Nails Formula, and Advanced Collagen Formula.

Evening Primrose Oil is supposed to be used for acne, eczema, and psoriasis- as well as a bunch of other uses. I have mild acne on my face and back (I am guessing from stress) so I am hoping this helps the skin care regimen I have already been using to clear it up.

The Hair, Skin & Nails Formula has 3000 mcg of biotin which I have heard of in oral skin care before. Again, used for many things, biotin can help with hair loss, brittle nails and even mild depression.

And the Advanced Collagen Formula has collagen and amino acids, which is found in skin and hair, to help with the repair of both.

Taken as directed, you only have to swallow 4 vitamins a day.


I started taking these at night on August 5th. I am hoping in 30 days to report back that my skin has cleared up, my nails are harder and growing faster, and that my hair is healthier and longer.......we shall see!

Day 5: I have been breaking out on my chin more than usual, but I am not sure if that is due to stress or "that time of the month". I have been faithfully taking the vitamins, washing my face with Philosophy "On a Clear Day" foaming wash, and using my Murad Acne Exfoliating Gel.

Day 7: I have 3 little pimples....on my eye lid! WTF is that? I have yet to see any improvement in the minor acne on my chin, I would even venture to say that it is worse. They are not white heads, but instead black heads. I rarely touch my face, I even use brushes and brush cleaner to put my make up on. So far, I am disappointed.

Day 9: The white heads are starting. This is so gross! I do not understand how this is happening. I am taking the vitamins, drinking a lot of water, and tanning regularly to help combat the break outs. I really hope that by day 14 there will be some improvement.

Day 11: I have a pimple on the back side of my arm. I have never gotten one there before ever in my life. This is ridiculous. Face is still breaking out in multiple white heads which is pretty unusual for me. No improvement to report what so ever.

day 14: I had to stop taking this. My face just got worse and I could not stand it any more. After 2 days my face was back to normal, except for a few still healing bumps. This was not a good idea. I may continue the Primrose oil and the collagen formula, but the supplements with the Biotin have to go.

What a disappointment! I was really hoping that this would help clear up the little bit of acne I had and help my hair get even longer. Back to tanning in order to keep it under control!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment