Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Beachy Hair- Overnight!

I get a ton of compliments on my hair so I figured I would start sharing some of the things I do to it! Today I did my beachy waves. I love this style and I really hope it stays in style for a very long time :)

I did not feel like washing my hair today, so the night before I put it up in a sock bun on the top of my head. I like to put my hair up like this when I sleep for several reasons: 1) loose hair gets knotted and can cause breakage, 2)  loose hair rubs on your face, back arms, and neck and since there is oil and product in your hair it can cause acne, 3) my hair is so long now that it can get stuck in my armpits and it wakes me up LOL! There was already some curl in the hair from yesterday's hair style but that's not a problem. Even if your hair isn't straight, you will still get nice waves.
So after I woke up, had breakfast, and rinsed off in the shower, I took my bun down and then sprayed my hair with some sea salt texturizing spray. This is a cheapie brand that I found at CVS called "Not Your Mother's". It was about $7 and it smells like the beach and like coconuts. It works like a charm!
I spray my hair until just damp, and then shake it, crunch it, swing it around, flip up-side-down and play with it until it has dried. From the time I decide to take my hair out of the bun until dry, the entire process takes less than 5 minutes. I pinned up my bangs and put on just a touch of make-up and I was ready to head out the door to get my copy of The Hunger Games on blu-ray from Target!
I love the beachy waves because they don't have to be perfect and they look effortless and beautiful.



Some other hair styles I like to do.....




Drop me a comment if you want me to show you how I did it :)

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment