Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pinterest Test: Diet Coke Brownies

So you see this post and you think "yum! diet coke brownies that taste just like the real deal!".....I just had to give it a try. My mom and I went to the store, bought some brownie mix, but when we got home I realized that all we had were cans of Coca-Cola Zero....perhaps this was where it went wrong.


So I set the oven, mixed just the brownie mix and the soda and it looked like this....

The concoction is watery and lumpy, so I really had to stir it to get all of the lumps out. I poured it into a greased pan and popped it in to the oven for the time notated on the brownie box.

I tested the brownies about 3 minutes before they were ready to come out, and the fork came out clean so I decided to take them out early......its a good thing that I did.



What came out of the oven was a thick, rubbery, brownie like slab. The mass had shrunk when it was baking so there was about a half an inch on each side of the brownies that was not touching the pan.

The reviewer in the link that I used (and attached above) said that she "couldn't taste the difference".....she must have been raised on the No Pudge Brownies that you make with yogurt because this is exactly what they taste like. They are not good. The texture is wrong, the density is wrong, the taste is off, and that's when you try them warm. I let them cool off and tried them again and had to spit it out.

Thank God the brownies are under $1.50 and the Coca-Cola Zero is something we already had in the house. I definitely don't think I will be giving this another try, even if I do have a Diet Coke at my disposal. If I want brownies, I will SITFU (suck it the f*ck up) and just make the real deal.

If you have not tried this yet but were thinking about it, feel free to thank me as I just saved you :)

Jenn


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this because your girl would've been a highly disappointed mother. Hate trying to make something new and the expectation is WAY off. Thanks...Just..thanks ������

    ReplyDelete