Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sample Society Box- November (Last box)

This box is the last Sample Society box that I will be getting. I have decided that, while the products are quality, the majority of the types of products chosen just aren't for me.



So here we go on my Sample Society Farewell post!

First up we have L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream. This cream has a light and clean scent and is a nice and thick formula. I slathered this on my hands before going to sleep and when I woke up my hands were still nice and soft and moisturized. I was very impressed by this! Looking at the website, 1 oz is $10 and 5.2 oz is $28.











Next up was yet another sample of a Diptyque Eau
de Toilette in Volutes. I was not excited to see this sample after my last experience with a Diptyque parfum. I spritzed myself with this and prayed....and it actually smelled nice. This is spicy and rich smelling and stayed on me until I woke up the next morning. As this is their newest fragrance, a 3.4 oz bottle goes for $120.










I thought this sample of Classic Lipstick from Diego Dalla Palma in color 27 was adorable. At first you think it is a fragrance.....











...but then you pop it open and its like an old-school lipstick sample! My mom used to give me these when I was a kid. Even she was hit with some nostalgia when I opened this up. The lipstick was a creamy consistency, spread evenly and was highly pigmented. There was no distinct flavor to the product and it was just a tad shimmery to add depth....but it was in a "bubble gum pink" shade that just was not flattering to my tanned complexion. Now I wish I had a little girl so I could give her this to play with!




Now on to the good stuff! I was excited to see this Dermalogica PreCleanse Oil in a pretty good sized bottle in my box. It also comes with a small packet of Dermalogica Cleanser that you can get 2-3 washes with. This oil is supposed to melt through the layers of body oil, make up, sunscreen, dirt and any other left over product that is on your face to get right down to your skin. Its gentle enough to be used on the eyes to get off that stubborn mascara too.  I used it when I did not have any make up on and put a fair amount on my skin and rubbed around. It did not have that weird, gross feeling that oil usually has. It was almost more like a dry oil. I followed the directions and added some water and got a good milky froth going. My skin felt great and after the cleanser it felt even smoother and like it could breathe.





Lastly, the other product I was looking forward too, Alterna's Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist. Last month in my November Glossybox I got another Alterna Bamboo product and LOVED it, so I was very excited to see another one in this box. This oil is a leave-in treatment to remove frizz, nourishes hair and brings it back to life, and even helps with color retention! A few spritzes on damp hair and then I finished my hair routine as I normally do and used the Alterna Shine spray I had from the previous box and my hair looked like I just left the salon. This stuff is awesome! I will definitely be looking into other Alterna products :)





And there you have it! I give Sample Society a round of applause for sending out obscure products I would not have found on my own and generous sample sizes, but I have to mention their non-cohesive themed boxes and samples of products that were way out of my price range.

Thanks for reading!
Jenn

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment