Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Birchbox

Here is my July box!












As my second Birchbox, this one was a bit light. I loved the focus it had with Summer and sensory though.


  • amika Obliphica Hair Treatment- this "hair oil" smelled lovely, but it can't compete with Orofluido or Moroccan oils that I already own. I wished they had given a larger sample than just the little packet, I have long hair and I don't feel like there was enough
  • amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask- now this stuff is freaking awesome! The packet was able to be divided in half so that I could try it twice. The first time my hair was super soft but still had some frizz. The second time was what sold me. My hair looked just like I stepped out of the salon with one of the clear coat treatments! This is huge for me since when I did the ombre hair it damaged the bottom part of my hair pretty badly. I ordered 2 little tubes of this miracle mask and when I used it for a third time I was convinced this stuff is the bomb-dot-com.
  • Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black- this came in the nick of time. It was my full sized product for this box (which might be why I felt the box was so light) and I was in the market for a new eyeliner so this was great. It reminds me of a marker, it is easy to use, and it doesn't rub off over the course of the day which is awesome.
  • boscia BB Cream  SPF 27- I am still on the fence about this one. I am glad it came in a decent sized tube because I have tried it about 5 times so far and I still don't know. It does not go on creamy, it has a weird texture. It takes a lot of effort to get it rubbed in and covering everything evenly. The paler I got, the better the color matched my skin.  When I was very tanned it made me look like I had a white mask on. I get a ton of compliments on my skin when I wear this though! That's where my delemma comes in. Maybe I should try another beauty balm to see if I get the same "porceline skin" look.
  • Hello Fragrance by Harvey Prince- I LOVED the sampe that I got! I used it almost every day and it smelled like Summer time. I bought a bottle and it just is not the same. It doesn't smell the same and it doesn't last as long. I am still using it, but I may have to carry the bottle around with me to refresh the scent.
  • LARABAR uber- my sample was in bananas foster, which I was really excited about!.......YUCK! It was so gross. I brought it to class and tasted it there and threw it away. The flavor was nasty, the smell was nasty, but the texture was ok. Maybe it was the flavor I got, but I don't see myself buying this try it again.
  • Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds- this was a cute addition to the box. My earbuds were green with pink on the buds and I used them with my pink iPod the day I got them. I keep them in my purse to use with my iPhone when I want to listen to some music :)

The August box should be coming in the next 10 days! Very excited to see what they will be sending.

Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment