Sunday, October 5, 2014

Lurong Paleo Challenge- Week 4

Ohhhhh the prep was real today. Four hours of prep, not including grocery shopping, but I think it will be worth it. 
I have a backwards schedule this week since I will be in clinic early for my OR rotation and going to the WOD after, so I made some special breakfast items that I can indulge in.

Running-out-of-the-house-breakfast: 

I doubled this recipe and made 16 of these delicious little fluffy delights. They baked up so nicely and they have a wonderful flavor and texture. I will be eating these with some blackberries and some nuts on my way out the door.

Mid-morning-breakfast-so-I-can-take-a-late-lunch: 
These are bacon egg cups that I just kinda saw on Pinterest and thought I could make myself. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. I cut the bacon strips in half and lined the cups with 3 of the halves, baked it for about 5 minutes before I put an egg in each little basket. I finished baking for another 12 minutes and voila! I will be having these with some cantaloupe!

Lunch- 
Paleo tuna salad in an avocado! 
For the mayo.....
And then I just mixed some of this up with some tuna and chopped up some celery. I am going to have this with a sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon.....still can't think of another carb to have that I like as much.

Pre-WOD snack: 2 hard boiled eggs with hot sauce. Pro.....tein.

Dinner:
Stuffed peppers!!!! I found this recipe on pinterest.....
These smelled so good that my dad snagged one as soon as they came out of the oven and he loved it. I am excited to try my own dinner!!
I am pairing these with roasted cauliflower. 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, put some coconut oil in a baking pan, and start cutting your cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Spread them in the pan and toss over a bit of coconut oil and move all the pieces around so you have them covered. Throw on smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic to taste. Roast in oven for 25 minutes. 
I was eating this by the handful out of the pan it was so good!

I haven't had the time to do the calorie count, nor the protein, carb, and fat count, but I think I am pretty close to where I need to be :)

Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment