Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lurong Paleo Challenge- Week 5

Let me just preface this post with this comment......our dishwasher broke Saturday night, hence it took me almost 8 hours to prep today as I had to wash everything by hand. But it got done!!

Tara came over while I was prepping and got this pic of me. I don't know why I was making that face, but as you can see, I like being comfy (complete with hair having a deep conditioning treatment) while I prep.

Ok! So here we go with meals.....

Breakfast- Apple Cider muffins 
These were delicious!! I am going to pair them with some blackberries on my way out the door in the morning.

Morning Snack- Bacon Egg cups (I made these last week so check there for the recipe). I'll be having some cantaloupe or pinapple with these.

Lunch- Day 1 & 2  Shrimp and Cabbage Avacado Salad
So I thought I would make it easy and just buy some shrimp at Wegmans and then make this fresh side salad to go with it! It smells good, though I have not yet tasted it.

Day 3-6 - Pulled Pork and Sweet Potato Fries
Soooo my pulled pork does not look like this and it has a super acidic taste. I pulled the meat out and threw the rest of the sauce and stuff away. Yipes. Don't think I'll be making this one again.

These fries were a-freaking-mazing!!!! Seriously. I threw them together last minute and only used cumin, paprika and cinnamon with some pink salt for seasonings. Quick, easy, and tasty!!!!


Dinner- Chorizo stuffed poblano peppers

Ok, so these recipes are a bit off....You only need 1 lb of chorizo. I ended up freezing the other half of the mixture because I had waaaaaay too much! The smell amazing and my dad was getting all up in my crock pot while these were simmering.
I am pairing these with the roasted cauliflower that I made last week.


I don't know why I thought I needed more food.....I guess the recipes said they made less than they acutally did. I also made paleo chicken fingers and BLT bites. So...much...food. I ended up freezing most of the chicken fingers and will eat those next week. The BLT bites I am going to have as a snack!!





No comments:

Post a Comment