Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pinterest Test: Wonton Tacos

Well I was not able to make it through my 3 Day Diet with out getting sick to my stomach, so I had to whip up something quickly. I had found this recipe on Pinterest but of course I have ADD and decided to just go with the idea of the "wonton taco" and not follow directions :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. 98% fat free ground beef
  • taco seasoning packet
  • wonton wrappers
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  • salsa
  • guacamole (optional)
I pre-heated the oven to 375 degrees and then I took the wonton wrappers and tucked one in to each opening of the cupcake pan. While the oven was heating I pulled the beef out of the freezer and defrosted it in the microwave.

When the oven was heated, I put the cupcake pans in the oven for 4 minutes letting the wonton wrappers get a little toasted. I left the oven on.

I made a mess while doing this, kept accidentally flicking pieces of beef onto the top of the stove. I swear if you don't cook for a few weeks you loose your finesse. Anyway, I cooked the beef, drained the fat, and then put in the taco seasoning and water and let it simmer until it thickened.

When the meat was done I used a spoon and placed the seasoned meat into each of the 24 cups. I had exactly enough for each. Then I took the shredded cheddar and sprinkled some on the top of each and stuck them in the oven.
I don't know how long I left them in the oven, I just kept an eye on them until the cheese was nice and melted. I took them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes while I dug around for the salsa, sour cream, and guac. I just put a little salsa and sour cream on these, but if I weren't starving I would have dug for some black olives to put on top as well as substituted the guac for some fresh sliced avocado. I had even debated some canned green chilies, but the thought of any more canned food turned my stomach.
 
I made 24 of these little things, I ate 6 of them and when my dad was done with them there were only 2 left.....so I would say they were a hit. I even got a picture of my dad eating them, but I won't share that. He actually said he would "love for me to make these again because they are so good". Maybe the next time I will follow the directions on the blog exactly, but for quickly whipping something up, these were amazing!
Thank you Pinterest!
 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment