Friday, September 21, 2012

September Birchbox- Late Late Late :(

I would love to have a box to review for September, however my Birchbox is either really late or not coming.
I have emailed Birchbox's customer service and they have yet to respond. I called them and the automated message said to leave a voicemail. I did, but no one has gotten back to me.

I called USPS and was told that after UPS drops the load at the sorting center (which is 2 hours away from me) that it could take up to 14 days to get to me. (I find this hard to believe since I have received 3 boxes so far with no problems) The customer service rep for USPS said they are putting in a ticket for an investigation to where my package is. Maybe if Birchbox's customer service ever gets back to me, they can start talking to me about a refund because it sounds like this box is lost.

So here it is, September 21st, and I am still box-less.

My Glossybox showed up in 3 days and thank the heavens for that! :) At least now I have some great products to enjoy.

Stay tuned! If this post gets updated, it means the box came in.

Jenn

UPDATE: Finally someone from Birchbox contacted me regarding my missing box (after 3 emails and one voicmail left). They are going to wait until the 26th and if I still haven't received my box they are going to send a replacement.  By the way, my full sized order came IN 3 DAYS! So why can't the sub box come that quickly? Glossybox does :)

UPDATE #2: On September 25th my box finally showed up.
 
Everything was pretty small this month. I don't have even one full sized product. There was also a lot of propaganda in this month's box LOL. There was the usual card with info product information, a little envelope with some fashion tape, a "Fall Colorbook" with not many new ideas, and then a card with a code for $25 if you spend $75 for a clothing company.
Here is everything in the box. Not a single full sized item.

  • Skin, An Apothecary Soy Body Whip in Poppy- this has a nice texture, very strong scent, and didn't leave me feeling greasy. This little tub will be good to keep in my purse especially with the colder weather coming. My poor elbows get so dry.










  • Twistband Birchbox Custom Lace Hair tie- just one hair tie :) its kind of cute. Its nice and stretchy, claims that it is ouch free and I guess we will see. I don't often put my hair up so I will be saving this for a day when I am volunteering. I would definitely not be paying $14 for 6 of these or $22 for 12 of them. I will stick to my hundreds of Goodys black elastic hair bands that collectively I think are still under $14.







  • Jouer Matte Moisture Tint- this sample is laughably small! Its so freaking tiny I almost lost t in the tissue paper! I took a pic next to one of my EOS lip balms to give you an idea just how small it is. I may get 2 uses out of it.....maybe. Color looks like it might actually work for me. Everything I have been reading is talking about trading in your tinted moisturizers this Fall and Winter for BB creams since they are heavier, so it was weird to get this in a Fall box. This might have been a product better suited for the Summer.






  • Kate Spade Twirl Fragrance- the description of fruity and floral is definitely spot on. I am more of an Oriental or Musk kind of girl come the Fall. This would be a nice Spring or Summer fragrance.










  • Color Club Birchbox Custom polish- my polish is called "Insta-this" and is a bright blue. It is only a mini polish (really Birchbox? you couldn't spring for a full sized one for only $8 and give me just one full sized product?) Looks like a fun color and I am excited to try it. I only have one other Color Club polish and it is a glitter one.








  • Hollywood Fashion Secrets Fashion Tape- This is an interesting little "lifestyle extra". It says "helps conquer wandering bra straps and unruly hems"....but with DDD's like mine, the straps don't wander Birchbox LOL. On the back of the envelope it says "eliminate blouse gaps, secure plunging necklines, hold accessories in place and adjust jean length. I am really not sure I have any of those problems....but maybe I will be more adventurous with my clothing this season and I may end up having a need for these.
Well, that's it. Box received and reviewed in less than an hour. In my opinion, this box kinda sucked. Comparing it to my August Box or my July Box or my awesome June Box (which was my first box) this one fell very short.....then add to the fact I had to wait for so long to get it? Yeah. Not happy. I will give them one more month. My October box will be the deciding box!
 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment