Friday, September 21, 2012

Love with Food- September's Box

This is my second LWF box and it is the "Back in Skinny Jeans" inspired box! Again, blogger is turning my images to the side and upside-down so I apologize in advance :)
 

First out of the box was the Crunchy Dried Edamame Snack. It was not so good. The taste was nice, but the texture was dry and the skins that were left on the beans was kind of gross. Some on in my class told me I looked like I was eatting grasshopper heads LOL. I took the Tropical Blend Crunch Dried Fruit with me when I was volunteering and it was really good! I usually don't like pineapple but like this it was good! I forgot to take a picture of the fruit.
 
 
This San Franola Granola was yummy! I am usually not much of a granola person but both buy itself and in a blueberry Chobani was really good. For an ounce and a half its 200 calories, so paired with a greek yogurt....well there are all your calories for breakfast. I have turned granola and greek yogurt into my breakfast of choice for this last week and it is yummy. I would love to get this granola, but for $24 for 12 boxes.....eh, I think I can find something less expensive. 
I don't know if LWF realized this, but they put both a nut butter and a jelly in the box.....so I had to make a PB&J! Individually both of these were pretty good, but they made an AWESOME sandwich! The Barney Butter had a different texture, but it was not bad. I won't be rushing out to buy this as I can have the same size serving of reduced fat JIF and half the calories.
 
I love salad, so I was really excited to try these Gourmet Mist dressings. I broke out the regular balsamic one first. It was good, but it was not anything more amazing than using regular balsamic or even the fig infused balsamic that I love. I am hoping the pomegranate one is really delicious. I don't really like raspberries but I hope that one is good as well.

 



Here is the salad I tried the dressing on. I was so hungry I just threw something together. It was about 1 cup of spring mix lettuce, 3 large slices from a tomato, some glazed walnuts that I found in the cupboard that my mom bought, and some goat cheese! I love goat cheese on salads :) I used about a half a packet of dressing on this salad.
 
Teccino coffees were included in this box, not sure what they have to do with getting skinny, but I like coffee! I was disappointed to see they were "no caf"....well what is supposed to keep me awake during class and volunteering? I decided to drink the vanilla nut coffee before going to bed (usually I drink my Yogi Soothing Caramel Bedtime tea). It smells wonderful! It comes in a bag like tea and you steep it for 3-5 minutes. It tasted great with out anything added, but I decided to add some condensed milk and stivia. Yum.
 
And just in case anyone wanted to check it out here is the link for the Back In Skinny Jeans website :)
 
 

 There it is! Can't wait to see what next month's box looks like. I hope there is something pumpkin flavored in it :)
 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment