Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September Glossybox Product Reviews

Glossybox nailed it this month! Not only did it only take 3 days for them to get the box to me, but the products were huge! I got 3 full sized products and 2 travel sized products.

This month's theme is Fall Forward. The products are a look at new formulas, technologies and colors of the season as well as forward thinking essentials. This month there were 3 full sized products totaling $74.
 
Here we go!
  • Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 in golden glow- I don't know how Glossybox nailed it this month, but they totally got the shade right for this $30 BB cream! They really made up for last month's box when they sent that awesome lip stuff in the horrid color. This BB cream was in golden beige and matched my skin perfectly. Unlike Boscia's BB cream, this one went on really smooth, had a great texture, was dewy, felt moisturizing, and had a nice smell to it.  At first I thought I needed 3 pumps, but that was enough to cover my face, neck, decolletage and my shoulders LOL. Even 2 pumps was too much. A little bit of this goes a long way. One and a half pumps covers my face and neck. I have used this almost every day since I got it. It has thicker coverage than my Too Faced BB which is nice for the coming winter.
Ignore my goofy face, but I wanted to share the BB cream results. On the left side of my face I did not apply the cream and on the right I applied only a thin layer of cream. This cream really gives a nice airbrushed finish to the skin without being thick like foundation. I used to be strictly a tinted moisturizer girl, but since BB creams hit the market, I am officially converted. Now take a look at the color on my lips......because that is the next product!
  • Kryolan for Glossybox  Moisture Rich Lipstick in GLOSSY pink- you can really feel the vitamin E in this lipstick. I am not a lipstick girl, but I might toss on this in the evening at some point. The color looks like a mix of bubble gum and mauve. It says "the perfect pop of pink it supposed to compliment all skin tones and lifestyles" (lifestyles? really?) The color is not terrible. Maybe this will get some usage.
My lipstick was stuck in the cap when I got it :(  But I popped it out and stuffed it back into the right end and it works just fine.
  • OC8 Professional Mattifying Gel- This product has a weird smell to it. That was the first thing that I noticed. It is a cloudy color and when it goes on it does not feel matte. I used it under my BB cream that was sent in the box and it worked really well. I got a little oily around my nose around 11 pm, but everything else stayed nice and matte. I tried this product again when I went out for a nice dinner and it had pretty good results. I just wish it did not have that funny smell to it. It does a good job keeping my skin from looking oily so this may get used quite a bit regardless of the smell.
  • Global Keratin Hair Taming System Shampoo and Conditioner- This shampoo and conditioner claims that it will keep your hair from getting frizzy for up to 5 months....but my question is: 5 months from when? The first use? the completion of the travel set? what? I used both and they smell wonderful. They are not floral, which I like.  Its more of an oriental scent. It did not say on the bottle if it was safe for color treated hair....but I took the chance and forged on. I did not use my flat iron on my hair and it did not seem to help that much with the frizz upon the first usage, but the second day my hair was much less frizzy. I used it again the next time I washed my hair and this time I really noticed a huge difference. My hair was smooth and sleek and the ends seemed more under control.
Well that is everything! So excited for the October box :)
 
Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment