Saturday, October 27, 2012

October's Goodies Box



I am happy to announce the first Goodies box is here!  Feel free to visit their website and see if this box is for you. Right now it is only $7 a month which is totally worth it. Below is a picture of my Goodies box which is $7 and a picture of my Love with Food box which is $12. Still can't see why this box is better? Feel free to check out my review for my last Love With Food box and compare it with this review :)
 
The theme for this first box is "trick or treat" and the card says that Halloween is not just for kids! I am loving this already... Keep in mind that my profile on Goodies is "sweet tooth", so this box is already nailing it right on the head.
Six full sized items are included in this month's box. I recognize Nutella and Smartfood selects, but the other brands are new to me.
First up are Sheila G.'s Brownie Brittle. I am going to estimate this 4 oz. bag at about $5 because on the website the 3 varieties in 4 oz bags are $15. These are DELICIOUS! I always go for the crunchy edges of the brownies, and that's exactly what these are like. They are light and airy and fall apart in your mouth. The flavor is spot on like freshly baked brownies and they are all natural! One-quarter of this large bag is 120 calories. I shared with my mom and these got the stamp of approval. Yum! My mom found them the next week at BJ's Wholesale. Awesome!
Up next are the Dang Toasted Coconut Chips. Normally I don't like anything with coconut, but for the sake of the blog I tried these and I am really glad that I did. They are fantastic! These little toasted flakes (because they are way too small to be considered chips) were superb. They had a great semi-crunchy texture, the toasting really brought out the flavor and more than half of this bag is about 180 calories, not to mention all the fiber these have. I think I will try these sprinkled over my yogurt! The website suggests them to be sprinkled on ice cream, in trail mix and salads, on cereals, cookies and cakes. I can't seem to find
Then I tried the Smartfood Selects Cinnamon Brown Sugar Multigrain Popped Chips. I am familiar with the Smartfood brand but I have not yet had or even seen these chips. After I saw these in my box I searched for them at the grocery store and they were in the organic section. These are light, crispy, and sweet. This whole bag was only 100 calories! I have a feeling these will be a new sweet snack that hangs around our house.
Then we have these Juicefuls Fruit Snacks in Fruit Wave. I am not much for candies, I tend to stick with chocolate, but I gave these a try. They had a good texture, not too hard and broke down easily while I chewed. They tasted pretty good as well, which was a surprise. They really did taste like little juice drops and each color had a distinctly different flavor. The red one was my favorite because it was like fruit punch. These are fat free and gluten free and don't have preservatives. If I ever get the craving for gummies, these would be the ones I would get.
I had to laugh when I saw this Nutella & Go Pack in this box. I have recently discovered this stuff and it has replaced peanut butter for my toast. This was a late night snack after a long day and it was sooooooooo good. It had just the right amount of Nutella and the bread sticks had a nice consistency. These would be dangerous to have around the house and would disappear quickly!
 

I was really excited to try this Mayesa cocoa drink. I love chocolate Silk soy milk and since this has soy in it as well I was hoping to love it. I really like the individual containers which are great for packing. I am saving mine for a special breakfast :)
 
A great debut from Goodies! I can not wait to see what they have in store for November.
 
Jenn 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment