Tuesday, November 20, 2012

POPSUGAR Must Have Box- November

Yay! So PopSugar ended up rearranging things so now the box comes around the middle of the month and not at the very end :) I am very thankful for that this November!

They were also offering Luxury Boxes for both men and women for December. I went ahead and ordered the one for women for myself and since they only did 1,000, they went quickly. I will have 2 awesome boxes to report on for December!

Now on to November's goodies:
I first opened the box to find this Stonewall Kitchen Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Mix. My mother loves this brand and has all sorts of goodies in our pantry but we had never tried the doughnuts.....maybe because you need a doughnut pan! This box of mix sells for $9.95 and I guess we will be checking out TJ Maxx for a doughnut pan some time soon. Even if we don't make them this month, I think that they will be awesome for anytime this winter.


I was really excited about this Gorjana Parker Bracelet. It has little gold details and it is the perfect burgundy-brown color. On their site, similar bracelets are going for $65. I am not quite sure why they are charging so much though. While the style is cute, they bracelet was too small (see picture below) and the leather is unfinished (which you can see in the picture to the left). I am going to have to go to a craft store to get something to extend this so I can wear it. (UPDATE: I made a comment on the Gorjana Facebook page and they instructed me to email them about fitting the bracelet. I did send in an email and I have not yet received a reply....will update again when I do!) UPDATE: 12/13/12 I never received a reply :( I have not been able to wear the bracelet and I am afraid to give it away as a gift to have the same fate fall on some one else.

Here you can see that I do not have huge wrists, but that it will not make the final loop to close. I love the wrap bracelet style and the Sadie Style Bracelet is the perfect wrap bracelet with no hanging toggle. I will have to keep my eyes open at TJ Maxx or Charming Charlies for a knock-off :)
Perfectly paired with the Thanksgiving theme for the month are these adorable Thank-You Cards from Snow and Graham.  These cards go for about $4.00 on their site and are made of 100 lb. heavy card stock. There is just something nice about sending and receiving an actual written card. I like to include them when I mail things to people and I love keeping ones I get in my office on a cork board. Oh how I miss having an office.....and a cork board.....
Oh I am really liking this brand! This French Vanilla Lip gloss Macaroon by MOR Cosmetics that was in the box smells and tastes divine and after perusing the website I now have a wish list of about 20 things I want. The lip gloss has vitamin E and beeswax and is not tested on animals. It comes in at $10 and other products on the site are reasonably priced. Oh, when I get a job, this website is in for an order!
Spices! I have not been cooking much lately, but it seems this box is trying to change that. There are 3 different types of spices and ideas for each of them. I also looked on YumSugar and there is a recipe for caramelized apples a la mode....yum! I think I will have to try that one. And, did you know that "la boite" means "the box"? Yep, that's 4 years of French for ya :)
Here is the card that was included to go with the spice mixes with a recipe for each one. Looks like I have a long weekend of cooking ahead of me!
Work out DVD! I loved the last one that as sent, and my mother has been trying to get me to do yoga, so I was happy to see this Yogalosophy DVD in this month's box. It goes for about $6 on Amazon and its said that this DVD teaches the basics, which is what I need. I may have to break this one open tomorrow morning before my interview to help relax and stretch me out.
Bleh. The Olsen twins. I was already turned off but for the sake of the review I logged on to Stylemint.com to check this out. Ugh. I was not a fan of the style of clothing on this site. Basically, its like a monthly subscription and every month you are charged $29.99 for one "credit" where you can choose one item (just like shoedazzle.com). I found a hoodie that I liked and I will be using this credit to order it once I can figure out how to access it. I will be PROMPTLY cancelling because this is one site that is simply not my style. They do have other sub-sites though like shoemint, jewelmint, and intimint.      UPDATE: I tried to use this code several times and it said "unable to redeem". I did email PopSugar about it but I am not that disappointed. After more research, their clothing looks incredibly cheap. I will not be that disappointed if I am not able to try this. UPDATE #2: Still no email from PopSugar but I got another email from stylemint so I checked the site and I had a credit on there. Checked my attached bank account and no charges have been made so I know its the code. Ordered a mint green hoodie. Check out my review on the hoodie here.
 
 
I about died when I saw this coupon for $30 off on CanvasPop.com! I have been wanting to try one of those transfer-picture-onto-wood crafts I have seen on Pinterest and this just seems so much easier LOL. You can order an 8x10 canvas not on a frame for $30 so this coupon can essentially cover my costs and I think I would just have to pay for shipping. 
I submitted my order and it ended up costing me about $24 on top of the $30 coupon. I ended up using and Instagram photo and that gives you only 2 options for canvas. The 12x12 was on sale for $39.99 so I chose that one and then it was $14 for shipping. Here is My CanvasPop.com Review!
 
Last up is a gift for you! Not getting the monthly PopSugar box but want to try it? Included this month was a code for $5 off for my friends on their first order! Click HERE and then use the code REFERFRIENDS to get your $5 (which makes your first box only $30) and start enjoying your monthly box of awesomeness with me!
 
That is everything for November!  This box comes in around $125 in product value. I did not include the spices or the stylemint.com code.
Thank you to PopSugar for another great box, thank you to my readers, and thank you to my dog who whines while I write these blogs. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
Jenn
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment