Friday, November 16, 2012

November Birchbox

The November Birchbox is here! I was not disappointed with this month's box and I loved the fact that this month they are supporting The Art of Elysium which is a non-profit organization that encourages actors, artists, designers and musicians to dedicate their time to children who are battling various medical conditions.

On to the products!
I will start with the "lifestyle extra" which is a Chuao Chocolatier ChocoPod. I got the honeycomb flavor which is a yummy chocolate in the shape of a leaf with caramelized little crisps of honey in silky smooth chocolate. It was seriously heaven :) It is larger than a piece of Dove chocolate and only has 50 calories. So sad they only sent one! Even more disappointed to see that these little suckers are more than a $1 a piece! You can get a 7-pack of assorted ChocoPods for $7.95......or if you are on a budget like me you can just raid the left over Halloween candy for fun-sized packs of M&M's.
This was in the box this month as well. It is a little box from Birchbox where you can put a little gift in it and give it to some one you appreciate. On the back it says"a little something for you!" and then has boxes you can check like "Because you are the cat's pajamas"  and "P.S. XOXO". Cute idea. I may have to save this and brighten some one's day with this. Also, I saw on this on pinterest where you can do this with toilet paper rolls :)
This was my only full sized product this month. It is a tube of Model Co. Fibre Lashxtend Lengthing Mascara. This mascara has tiny lash extending fibers to add length.  I was seriously WOW-ed by this mascara! It had a nice fluffy brush, the formula went on well with out being clumpy and my lashes look very long and natural. This would be a great every day mascara. I am going to try to layer this mascara with another one for the faux-falsies look to see the result. Model Co is starting to impress me! Check here to see the lip duo from Model Co that was in my October Glossybox :)
Here is a close up of my eyelashes with the Model Co Lashxtend Mascara. The look LOOOOONG! Its a light formula and after 2 coats this was the result. You can see the little fibers that add length in the brush and they line up nicely with your lashes. 
 
This was the product I was looking forward to! I love Stila and was excited for this All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer. I got the Pink Shimmer Color and you can definitely see the pink. I applied this to my cheek bones and brow bones and it was light and easily blended.  The shimmer pieces are a bit larger than I expected, but I like it. I can see other colors like blue and purple in there, but it does not look like children's play make up. This is great on bare skin as well as over tinted moisturizer and BB cream. It really adds dimension to the skin and keeps it from looking flat. Yet another great product by Stila! And think this little travel tube will last quite a while.
This little tester of the Jouer Fragrance Cornucopia was adorable. It is a little roller ball and the product is a perfume oil.  Its a mix of gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle. Not really my type of scent but I tried it. It s VERY floral and smells just like fresh flowers. My little roller ball doesn't really pick up enough product so I really have to shake it, but a little bit of this product is very potent.  Gardenia must be the smell this season because I got a gardenia candle in my September PopSugar box.

Here we have a sample of Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper. This product kind of scares me  because in the directions it says not to move hair in the first few minutes after application so it can work on the frizz. I gave it a try and followed the directions. This serum is clear and has a light, clean smell. I applied it all over and did not touch my hair for over 15 minutes. Then I used a diffuser to finish drying my hair. It definitely helped with the frizz I get when my hair is curly and made it glossy. It did not help define my curls or help shape them.
Here is a picture of my hair after blow drying.  Unfortunately the curl did not hold and about an hour and half later the curls were limp and unrecognizable. I will give it another try and see if I have better results. 
 
And lastly we have this card for Chromatic Gallery. This is a company where you can design your own heels! You can choose your heel height, color, material, or even choose from collections like "cocktail" or "bridal". Each pair of shoes is $88 and here is a code for $15 off. Feel free to take this code and try them out! It is BIRCHBOX15. If you do try them out, I would love for you to let me know about your experience in the comments below!
And there is the November box! I can really only value this month's box at $24 for the mascara as I can not find a value for the luminizer. I love a great mascara so it was worth the $10 this month. Maybe Birchbox is getting their stuff together and working towards great boxes like they sent out over the Summer.... hopefully :)
 
Jenn
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment