Thursday, November 15, 2012

November's Goodies Box

 
 
Goodies Box!!!!! Whoooo! After my first box I was very excited to see what they would send for the next. I think they did an amazing job with the choices and the theme which is "Entertaining Made Simple" which is perfect for November.






 

There was this little extra in the box. Its a canvas tote made out of 100% organic cotton! I love a good tote I can leave in my car and have for when I need to run to the store or when I am at the farmer's market.





 
The first item I tore into was this bag of Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn in White Cheddar. Delicious! It was potent with out being overbearing with flavor and the popcorn was light and crunchy and did not have a stale texture. This large bag was 150 calories and very satisfying. Skip buying the popcorn in the huge holiday tin and go for a bag of these instead!
Next I had the pack of Bobby Sue's Nuts.  The original flavor immediately reminded me of going to wine festivals with my mom and getting the spiced and toasted almonds in the little funnels. This mix of almonds, pecans and cashews was perfectly spiced and had just a touch of sweet. They were crunchy and buttery and amazing. One ounce is 160 calories and the ONLY ingredients are the nuts, sugar, egg whites, water, salt and spices. I love it when a company keeps it simple and lets the food speak for itself :)

Yummmm, pumpkin..... I wish there was more than one of these Bigelow Pumpkin Spiced Tea bags in the box! I only steeped this for 3 minutes, but I wish I had let it sit for 5. The flavor is fantastic! It is spiced with out being spicy and the pumpkin is sweet. I put half a packet of Truvia in it and a little condensed milk and it was creamy and smooth. Definitely a great Fall treat.
This bar of Alter Ego Dark Quinoa Organic Chocolate was to die for! The chocolate was dark and rich and flavorful. The quinoa in the bar was crunchy and nutty and reminded me of a Crunch bar. One square at a time was enough to satisfy my chocolate craving because the flavors and textures were so potent. When I looked up the other flavors online, it made me want to buy them all!
Wine biscuits by The Cracker-Snacks?!?! Well, it says wine so it must be good right? I first tried one by itself, but it was not that good. The shallot was definitely noticeable. I chopped up some smoked gouda and tried that with these biscuits and they were much better! With the cheese, you get notes of white wine, the shallot is still noticeable, and at the end you get this spicy after taste which is the cayenne. These were not my favorite item in the box, but they were okay. (could not find a link online for this company...)
I keep forgetting about this! I have not tried Biscoff cookies before, but this spread is supposed to have the cookie flavor. It says its good for dipping apples, topping toast, or adding into desserts. I tried this with granny smith apple slices for breakfast. It smells like cookies, and by itself it tasted like cookies....but paired with an apple it just didn't have a strong enough flavor. I am not sure I would like this on toast or a bagel. I think I will just stick with Nutella :)
This souffle kit looked like the most awesome item in the box....until I saw how labor intensive it is! Just reading the directions made me tired....is that bad? LOL. I liked that it was flourless/gluten free and all natural. I think this dessert will be a project to try this weekend when I have time to focus on following the directions. Update and pictures when I do!
 
 
 
 
 And there is the November Goodies box! Loved the selection this month and looking forward to December.....hopefully it will have peppermint!
 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment