Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag- February 2013

My pretty pink envelope from Ipsy came this month and I was so excited to see what the theme for February would be....


The black patent leather cosmetic bag is adorable but everything sticks to it. Make up, hair, fingerprints...
...but who cares about the make up bag when it is holding new cosmetic stuff!






This mascara from Pop Beauty was a big let down. I wore it on a Saturday when it is very slow at work, and sadly every time I went to the bathroom there was more and more black flakes on my upper cheeks from this product. I am going to try it one more time and layering another mascara over it for volume and to see if it keeps it from flaking all over the place.



This black eyeliner pot from MICA cosmetics absolutely made the bag worth it this month! It is very highly pigmented, the black is quite possibly the blackest I have ever seen for a pot liner and a little bit on the brush went a loooong way. It was easy to work with and it stayed in place all.damn.day. Fantastic! I am definitely going to be checking out more products from this brand.


These Lash Cards are little cards you can put against your lid so when you apply your mascara you do not get it on your face.....I rarely have that problem (since I have been wearing make up since I was 10) so while these are cute, I really do not see myself using them. I would also be worried that by putting the card against my lid I would mess up the shadow I applied.


This set of Shadows from Coastal Scents was kind of cute. The colors were very flattering, but they did not blend well for me at all. I am going to try them one more time with a different primer and see if that was the problem. Not in love with Coastal Scents just yet....


This little tube of Flawless & Poreless primer form Pixi was also another product that made the bag worth it. I really like my other Pixi primer that I got from Target, and this one was fantastic as well. It was very hydrating and made my skin feel so soft. It was not greasy at all and my make up stayed put. Love it!










Although this is not my favorite Ispy bag so far, the Mica eye liner and Pixi primer were totally worth getting the bag for. The liner alone is worth way more than $10 so I consider it a win! I can't wait to see what the theme is for March!

Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I checked out your comparisson of Birchbox and Ipsy :) I agree that Ipsy was the favorite over Birchbox this month!

      Delete