Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 2012 Glossy Box

December's Glossybox is here! It is the last box in 2012 and they definitely went out with a bang.


This is another beauty box with the theme of making you look great for holiday parties and they included a piece of jewelry as a gift for subscribers.










I love how they used festive print tissue paper in the packing! It was very adorable. I think there was supposed to be a red ribbon around it as well, but  mine was wadded up amongst the packing materials....oops!
 First up is this gorgeous polish from Zoya called Storm. This is my first Zoya polish so I was very excited to try it. I painted some on the information card (which is white) and 2 coats made it opaque. The glitter really stands out! It reminds me of a starry night. Here is the link to the Zoya website where this retails for $8.
Next product I was excited to try is this Bath & Shower Oil in Madurai Jasmine & Mogra From Forest Essentials Luxurious Ayurveda. I love using oils after I shower for moisturizing since they tend to be more light weight than lotions and they don't become slimy if you sweat. This oil has a very zesty/floral scent and spreads nicely into the skin and is absorbed quickly. My skin felt soft, dewy and hydrated for hours after I applied it! I could not find the value of this 3.38 oz bottle, but the info card says 6 oz is $22...so let's guess that this is around $10.
I like seeing hair products and I am always in the market for a new styling product. This Dry Styling Heat Protect Spray from Oscar Blandi sounds like a product with a purpose. The instructions say to spray into hair either before blow drying or on dry hair before styling with heat tools. It has keratin and is supposed to reduce breakage, provides shine and even holds the style! It has a very strong, breathtaking smell right out of the can but quickly dissipates. This is half the size of a travel size can ($11)  so I am going to guess that this goes for $5.
There is a sample of the Pleats Please by Issey Miyake fragrance. The name makes no sense to me and the way they have the words is confusing to read. This is a very floral, frilly, feminine scent. Its very sweet and girly. I think this would be a great fragrance for the spring or summer.
There was also a sample of ECRU New York Acacia Protein Oil (for hair). This product can be used in both wet and dry hair and it is supposed to moisturize hair and reduce drying time while it protects your hair from heat damage.
Yey! Another product from Heartland Fragrance Co. and it is White Ginger Epsom Bath Salts! I loved the loofa-soap that was included in the October box and I was excited to try something else from the brand. I read on their website that soaking in Epsom salt is supposed to increase magnesium levels which will improve sleep and concentration and relieve stress by flushing toxins from the body. They suggest soaking in an Epsom salt bath for 12 minutes on a weekly basis....I sense a New Year's resolution coming on!
Last up is the gift from Glossybox! This ring from Stylemint.com came in a little black velvet bag and definitely makes a statement. While it is not my style, it fits my middle finger so I figure I will wear it and see what happens. It is silvery and sparkly and it was a lovely gift from Glossybox.
And there we have it! The last Glossybox for 2012 and what a box it was! There were 7 fantastic products in generous sample sizes. I can not wait to see what is in store for 2013!



Jenn








No comments:

Post a Comment