Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 2012 Petit Amuse

This is my first Petit Amuse box and I am so glad it is finally here after I signed up in October! I have to say, I think it was worth the wait :)
This December Petit Amuse box had yummy sweets in it for the holidays! Debating on sending this box to my brother who is in college for the next few months as his birthday present....
First product I tried was this Vadeboncoeur Artisanal French Nougat. Artis'anal'? Really? Anyway, I have not had any other nougats before I tried this one so I really have nothing to compare this to. This slice of nougat was chewy, not overly sweet, the nuts added a great crunchy texture that helped break up the nougat and had a bit of a salty element. This was a very tasty first experience of nougat! I can't say that I will be craving this in the future, but I will not be afraid to try it if it does come up in my foodie-future.
Next we have this tub of Champlain Valley Apiaries Crystallized Honey. I am not really into honey unless it is in my tea, but I figured this might be good on some toast. I ended up tasting it with my finger....then typing on my laptop. Not my smartest moment! But this honey is so damn good! It has a gritty texture since it is crystallized and is not as tacky as regular honey. It has this rich and kind of fruity flavor that I found irresistible! I can not wait to try this on something other than my finger :)
Lastly, we have this adorable little tin of Coco-Zen Handcrafted Artisan Chocolates. Inside there was a little card with a cute quote from Buddha that I taped to my mirror :)
And here are the little beauties! Aren't they pretty? The first one I tried was Chocolate Espresso Bean (the one with the coffee bean on the top). It is their vegan chocolate and it was amazing. It was thick, rich, melted in your mouth and had fantastic chocolaty-coffee flavor. If they can make a vegan chocolate taste that good, I was confident the others would knock my socks off. The next one I tried was the Orange Blossom with Almonds (the nut topped one below the coffee bean one) and it still had that great texture. It was a little light on the orange blossom flavor, but still delicious. The peanut butter one ended up being my favorite, followed by the mint. These are fantastic! And at $18 for 21 in a tin, they are a tiny and delicious splurge.
 
 
This box is $10 a month plus $2 for shipping. You can order the products in your box through their website but shipping is $7.99 (ouch!). Each month you get 1-2 full sized products or 3-4 samples. This month there were 3 good-sized samples. So far, I think this box is great! I much prefer this box over the Love With Food box. Very excited for January's box!
 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment