Sunday, December 16, 2012

POPSUGAR Must Have Box- December 2012

Two boxes are coming from PopSugar this month and this is the monthly December box. The other that will be coming closer to Christmas is the Limited Edition Luxury box.....so excited!

The theme this month was bringing in the New Year, holiday parties, and sweet treats.
First up we have these Bodum Bistro Mugs. These glass, double-walled mugs are individually mouth blown and are designed to keep drinks hot or cold without creating condensation. They retail for $30 for the set of 2 mugs. Unfortunately, mine were smashed to bits :( I could not even take them out of the box because the glass pieces were all over the inside of the PopSugar box. I emailed customer service as soon as I opened the box and received a response the next day that they will ship another set when they get their replenishment supply. I will update if/when I get replacements!

 UPDATE!: I received replacement mugs on January 2nd. They were shipped in a large box with tons of bubble wrap.
 They are very delicate looking and I enjoyed one of the teas from the sampler box- chamomile citron.
It kept the tea at a nice warm temperature and I did not burn my knuckles on the mug while holding my drink! These are awesome mugs and they will be getting plenty of use. I am glad I got 2 in the set so I can have one for my morning coffee and one for my evening tea :)



To go with those awesome mugs, there is a box of Tea Forte 10 silken infusers samplers. I love tea, so these were exciting for me to find in the box. The flavors included are Earl Grey, Black Currant, White Ambrosia, White Ginger Pear, Green Mango Peach, Jasmine Green, African Solstice, Chamomile Citron, Raspberry Nectar, and Ginger Lemongrass. My brother loves tea as well so I can not wait to share these with him when he is home on break! This box is on sale on their website for $12.
I laughed a little when I saw these Bogdon's Peppermint Poles......poles ha ha ha. Ok, enough of my childish sense of humor. Every year my mom picks these up at some point around the holidays. One year the poles were fruit flavored and covered in chocolate :) These were a yummy and nostalgic touch and the fact that these are all natural was great. They were delicious, had a nice crunchy texture, and were very satisfying. This box of about 21 poles goes for about $4 on their website and they have other flavors as well.
Soap! Who doesn't like to get a nice, clean smelling soap? This soap is from Jaboneria Marianella Soaps in Aura Elena. These bars are made with argan oil, oatmeal and shea butter and are supposed to be very moisturizing. There is also vanilla bean in it for a light exfoliant. This bar smells fresh and clean with essence of Oak Moss, Coconut and Mulberry. It had a great lather, left my skin feeling soft and not rubbery, and smelling clean! Bar retails for $14 on their website.

Pinch Provisions Minimergency Kit will be the perfect addition to my over sized handbag! It has 17 essentials and 52 solutions for girl problems in this little kit. This retails on their website for $15. Mine had a little wishbone on the zipper toggle which was a nice touch. Everything in side was so mini and adorable!  The lip balm was a great quality balm, there was a tiny little hairspray bottle and breath mint dropper was very zesty and tasted amazing. This is a fantastic idea for a party or a wedding and I can not wait for my first "minimergency"!

The booklet in the PopSugar box made a good point when it said "sometimes it's not so fun to think about all the places we set our phones down between calls and texts".... eww.  This Microfiber Cleaning Cloth by GoSwype is supposed to clean 98% of germs and bacteria as well as remove dirt, oils and fingerprints. I am loving the kiss mark on the cloth but it says to keep in your purse and use when needed.....which means digging around the bottom of one of my huge totes to find this thing. I attached this to the back of my iPhone case with the little sticky dot that was on it so it would be more convenient. These come in a ton of different designs and are about $2 a piece.
Last item included in the box was this $30 gift card to Rent The Runway. I am not enthusiastic about this addition. I don't like to "rent" clothing (I actually think its a bit creepy). I also found that you can not use the credit to purchase make up or accessories off the website. This card did not add to the value of the box for me at all and I am not going to include it in the overall value of the box. Oh well, maybe next month will be better!





If you want to get your own PopSugar box and get $5 off, please click here and use the code "referfriends". This box would be great as a gift to yourself or to a friend when you don't quite know what to get!











This month's box value came in around $75. Sadly, my favorite product arrived smashed and I will have to wait to get a replacement to enjoy them. Over all it's not my favorite box so far from PopSugar, but it is still pretty good! Keep your eye out for the Luxury Box review that will come around Christmas.
Here's to bringing in the New Year and getting more fantastic boxes in 2013!

Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I just subscribed to the pop sugar boxes. I'm so excited about this year's December box! Crossing my fingers and hoping it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete