Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I'll Admit It... I'm A LUSHIE!

I will admit it. I am a LUSHie. It all started when I wanted to get myself something nice for Valentine's day . What could be more romantic for a single than bath stuff?!?!?! I ordered the "Yes" gift box which came with:
Yes Yes Yes massage bar
Prince Charming body wash
The Kiss lip scrub
Silky Underwear dusting powder
African Paradise body conditioner

Since I was curious about other products I went a little crazy and ordered:
Lonely Heart bubble bar
Sex Bomb bath bomb
Dragon's Egg bath bomb
The Kiss lip gloss
No Drought dry shampoo
BIG sea salt shampoo

Many of these products I have been eyeing for months and when I saw the V-day stuff I kind of went all out. I am really glad that I did! 

YES YES YES Massage Bar- I didn't think I would even like this thing and WAM! I fell in some serious product love! The "Lust" scent with jasmine is so sexy that I ended up ordering the spray in a later order. The coconut oil and almond oil made my skin feel amazing and it literally melted on my skin when I was just out of the shower. I literally slathered this thing all over my body until it was gone-zo. 

Prince Charming body wash- Ok, so this wasn't a hit for me but I really wanted to love it. The pomegranate juice, marshmallow and vanilla pod sounded so intriguing but the actual scent wasn't for me. The lather of the soap is great and I will continue to use it until it is all gone but won't be a reorder for me.

The Kiss lip scrub-.......Nailed it!!! Oh. My. Word. I love this stuff so much that I want to eat it out of the tub! The sweet mandarin flavor is delicious and the cute little hearts are just adorable. I can't get enough of this lip scrub and I really wish I had ordered two. Crossing my fingers it comes back next year.

Silky Underwear dusting powder- This powder is awesome! Not only does it have that jasmine scent that I now love, but it feels wonderful on my skin. I have been putting it on before I toss on my scrubs and I feel fresher and smell better though the day. 

African Paradise body conditioner- The product itself is awesome to combat my dry skin from winter and from tanning. The smell to this one is not for me though. I don't think I am big on the ylang-ylang. I tried this body conditioner 2 ways. First time I put it on when I was out of the shower and let it sit for a few minutes and jumped in and rinsed it off and WOW! The moisturizing effect on my skin was intense! The second way I tried it was in a bath and I stuck my legs out and treated them first, then sat up and did my arms. I didn't let it sit as long but I still felt very moisturized. This will be something I get again but maybe in another scent!



As for my other little goodies:
Lonely Heart bubble bar- This was the last of my bath bomb/bubble products that I used but it was not to go unnoticed! I could have broken this in half and gotten 2 baths out of it and I am sad I didn't because I enjoyed it so much. this smelled so sensual and sexy. It really had some awesome bubble power to it too! When I got in the bubble were a mountain over the edge of the tub and when I moved them aside I could see this gorgeous red water with golden shimmer in it. Hard to capture with a camera but I did try thought the picture I got doesn't do it justice. This is another one I will be hoping for a reappearance next year.




Sex Bomb bath bomb- This was the first bath bomb from LUSH that I tried and I was not disappointed!! This bomb fizzed for quite a long time and that little rose in the middle was very cute to see unfurled at the end. The water ended up being this gorgeous pink color and it smelled so amazing that I did not want to get out of the bath. Such a relaxing and fun experience on V-day! Click here to see my video of Sex Bomb bath bomb!

Dragon's Egg bath bomb-  This was a little bomb of sorbet heaven! It seemed to fizz for forever and I liked seeing the little crackles going off in the water. I won't ruin the surprise once you get to the middle but I will say it has SHIMMER! My skin smelled edible after this bath bomb and was very soft. I will definitely be reordering this one soon!  Click here for my video of Dragon's Egg bath bomb!
The Kiss lip gloss-  This stuff is heaven sent!!! If we can just talk about the whipped consistency for a moment... It just feels so nice on your finger and so fluffy on your lips when you apply it! Then the texture hits your lips and they feel so hydrated and soft and smooth. The flavor is not quite as tangy as the lip scrub, but delicious in a more smooth and creamy way. I was putting this on and one of the ladies in the room with me kept asking why I smelled like dessert!

No Drought dry shampoo- So I have had my eye on this for quite awhile and finally ordered it. I am so glad that I did! I have been using canned dry shampoos and I will not be going back when they are used up. This dry shampoo has this fresh and clean citrus scent that is amazing. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be to apply this stuff right at the root and it gives my hair a ton of volume and body. It also doesn't leave a white residue on my brush like the canned stuff was. I have coffee colored hair and this did not make it look like I had grey hair or like there was any powder in it. I am in LOVE!

BIG sea salt shampoo- This was kind of an expensive impulse buy for me as its a tiny container for over $25 not to mention sea salt in a shampoo?!?!? Kind of weird right? Not to mention I didn't know what to expect with my color treated hair. I did not have to use much of this to get a lather going and the sea salt did not get stuck in my hair like I thought it might. This shampoo gave some huge suds, really cleaned my locks, and when I dried my hair it was soft and very fluffy. 

Phew! So that was a long winded review of my first LUSH order and since then I have made 2 more. I will be putting the review up for the second order soon which will be more on the massage bars!!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment