Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag- March 2015

I really loved this month's Ipsy Glam Bag but I have been crazy busy and am a bit late with the review. I have used a few of these products every day since I got them and I am excited to share my reviews of them.

Super cute cosmetic bag this month. Love the blue, yellow, and white motif- so Springy!  I also received a large sample of La Fresh eco beauty good day. day moisturizer as I had cashed in my points I have earned doing the reviews on the website. 

This moisturizer was very light and has a fresh, clean scent. It did not leave me greasy but I did use just the smallest pea size over my face and neck. Very pleased with the hydrating results!


This pur-lisse pur-delicate cleanser and make up remover is very creamy and does a decent job of removing most of your make up in the shower. I feel like it left a heavy film on my face so I ended up following up with my normal facial cleanser to get it off. Not a bad product, I just think I prefer to feel "squeaky clean" (but not dry") after washing my face. I will be holding on to this and putting it in my overnight product bag! It might be good to have around with the 4-in-1 action and cause me to carry less products.



Dr. Brant anti-aging mattifying lotion was interesting. I found that after I applied this I had to wait to apply my make up for the "lotion feeling" to leave my face. I may have to try this on a no-makeup-day to see how the mattifying does on its own and not under a BB cream.
Over all first impression: not too bad! Considering it is not a primer, I actually liked my complexion come the end of the day!




So this NYX butter lipstick (can't remember the color name and sadly I misplaced it after I used it a few times) looks really vampy in the tube but when applied it is more sheer and bright! That was a nice surprise. The texture of this was more like a solid gloss and it felt kind of slick and dewy. I just wore this alone, with no liner, and I did not experience any bleeding outside my lip line. I would love to try more colors from this line, especially more of the neutrals.


I did this little lip blot after lunch and it really demonstrates how  sheer the color of this lipstick really is....and how bright pink it is!




This little tube of Boo-Boo Cover-Up didn't appeal to me at first, but then I tried it under my eyes and I was shocked! A little bit of this goes a long way and gives great coverage! I used my beauty blender to blend it into my inner, under and outer eye area and blended it downwards on to my upper cheek almost like a highlight, This color was perfect for me as it was just light enough to compliment the dark circles under my eyes.  I also used this to cover a little spot on my skin and it was seamless. Love this way this blends, love the way it feels, love the way it didn't crease up, and loved the color selection. I have used this for the entire month and haven't even made a dent in the tube so I know it is going to last forever!





And lastly the Vintage highlighter from Jessica Libeskind is another product that I have used daily since receiving this month. This highlighter is the perfect pinky color on my dark skin so the highlight isn't so stark. It has a nice consistency and you can really blend this out. This ends up looking so natural and I have kind of shocked myself  with how much I like the way this looks when I have seen my make up in other lighting than my bathroom.







Ipsy curated a great collection this month! I can't wait to see what April's bag has. If you haven't signed up for your monthly bag yet, what are you waiting for? Look at everything I got for just $10! Click HERE to sign up so you don't miss out!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment