Sunday, February 24, 2013

Yuzen Box- Spring 2013

Here is the first of 4 seasonal boxes from Yuzen. As you can see on the right, Bentley is really interested in something in this box....


I loved the yuzen paper and color theme for this spring box. I am still trying to think of a project to use these gorgeous pieces of paper, but I just don't know what to do!





First up we have these three samples of Jane Iredale lip treatments. The pewter colored tube is "lip drink" which I love. It is a moisturizer and it has a zippy, lemon flavor. The mint green tube is a lip and cheek stain and it is a wonderful idea and has great texture and lasted forever...but the very light pink color was not complimentary to my skin tone. The gold tube was the lip plumper in "Tokyo" and it is kind of shimmery and more like a lip stick. Again, it has a great texture, but not a good color for me. Good news though, my mother LOVES the "sugar and spice" duo from this line and she really appreciated the 2 mini tubes that I gave her and the colors worked for her! I loved these little lip treatments and this mini lip drink tube will fit nicely in my scrubs pocket.
Next up was a shower with this tube of Naturopathica Espresso Mud Body Scrub.....ugh. It smelled like chocolate and bacon, which is pretty nasty for a shower scrub. It has chunks of coffee beans in it which got every where in the shower and I did not really feel that my skin was very exfoliated after my shower.  This was a pretty big disappointment.

Juara Avocado Banana Moisture Mask- I slathered this stuff on my face and did not enjoy the smell at all. It is creamy and thick and heavy. After letting it sit on my face for about 30 seconds, my skin started to sting which was not pleasant at all. I let it sit on there for about 5 minutes before I wiped it off. My skin felt nice and dewy afterwards and there were no dry patches. I am on the fence about this one and this jar has about 5 uses in it.



 EOV Plant Essences Parfum- this perfume is very floral and has a lot of rose notes to it. It kind of reminds me of the elderly....




This is the third Red Flower Candle that I have received in my sub boxes and this Blood Orange scent is not only the strongest so far, but in my opinion it is also the best. It smells juicy and fruity and delicious! I think this is what Bentley could smell in the box.



In this little brown box were 2 chocolates from Nova Monda Cacao & Chocolate. One was filled with cacao nibs and one was made with sea salt and they were both so delicious :)




Kneipp Deep Sleep Mineral Bath Salt- I have yet to try this packet of bath salts just yet, but I have a feeling that this week is going to warrant a relaxing bath!









 Spa Technologies Marine Repair Cream- this facial cream smells so good I want to eat it! It is very thick but spreads easily and absorbs quickly. I really like this cream!














I took forever to get this review up! I guess working 12-14 hour days is really taking a toll on me :( I can not wait to see what Yuzen has for their Summer box!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment